Monday, September 4, 2017

September Grace

It's been a time of well refilling, of silence, of listening and reading. Of following the news, of using my writing skills mainly to craft heartfelt messages for my elected representatives. Of taking walks and seeing old friends.

There's a snap to the air, and the mornings are dark again. I used to despair at this time of year, sensing the long cold tunnel of winter ahead. I've despaired less in recent years--but mostly because time passes so quickly now, and every autumn is shorter than the one before it. 

I never say good-bye to mellow August without regret--golden August, the most leisurely, reflective time of the year. But for now, the crickets are still singing, and the leaves haven't turned yet. September is a foreshadowing, a farewell, but also a grace period.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, your words are specific, poetic, and hopeful. Never stop sharing them. Everyone needs a time to refill the soul and listen to the silence. I do this on walks by myself. I try to listen to the story within. All the best to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete