Monday, January 30, 2017

When life happens

We make plans and schedules, and then life happens. Illness, an uptick in workload, the need to move, a family crisis, an exciting new adventure--whatever it is, it obliterates the schedule and elbows aside the plans.

For those whose writing thrives in periods of sustained quiet and concentration, writing can take a backseat during such upheavals. If at other times we're able to put writing on the front burner, during times of chaos we just can't.

Sometimes all we can do is take notes until the dust settles. The words will come.

2 comments:

  1. This happened to me in 2016. Everything just stopped. My life turned upside down. Life Really Happened. And now it's finally settling, although I am certainly a different person on the other side. The words are coming again. I hope yours are too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you are in a good place now, and glad to hear the words are coming.

      Delete