Sunday, November 1, 2015

How I kicked off November

Today, many people started new novels, racing toward November 30 at the rate of about 1700 words a day.

I did not.

Today found me walking, exploring, enjoying the view. Ambling between a canal and a river, spying on a bald eagle, pointing out the orange and red of bittersweet to my hiking companion, savoring the flame of fall trees. Taking in the quaint shops and houses of a historic town, having a leisurely late lunch. Sun kept the clouds from being too gloomy; clouds kept the sun from glaring too hotly. Leaves crunched underfoot.

For me, it was the perfect Sunday. Maybe it will fuel future writing; maybe not.

And if you're one of those participating in National Novel Writing Month, have fun. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment