Wednesday, June 24, 2015

At the center

There are many motives and reasons for writing. I've been trying to get at the core of mine. I think it may be this: I see certain things about the world, and I want to write them down in a way that will make other people recognize them--whether they say, "Yes, I've always noticed/thought that, but I believed I was the only one," or, "Yes, that's exactly the way it is, but I never realized it or saw it expressed that way before!"

Knowing what I'm trying to do can help bring me home when I get lost in the middle of a project, or between projects.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm with you on this one. I've been wondering the same thing a out my own writing lately, and I've come to a similar conclusion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to be reminded of our purpose!

      Delete