Saturday, January 31, 2015

Atme Nicht and TBR piles

The German paperback of Try Not to Breathe, Atme Nicht, is out. I have a couple of copies, and if you read German and like YA and would like one, email me at jennifer[at]jenniferhubbard[dot]com.

atme nicht
David Sedaris takes his foreign editions with him on his speaking tours and offers them to any audience members in the signing line who speak the language in question. It's a lovely tradition and I would like to emulate it, but I don't actually have speaking tours. Foiled!

In other news, my ongoing decluttering project continues. I recently tackled my TBR book pile. I discovered books in there that I'd forgotten about. I managed to give up several books that I once thought I wanted to read or felt obligated to read, but now realize life is too short and there are too many books I'd rather read. I still have a sizable pile, though, consisting of books I definitely want to read and a few I may still be kidding myself about, but let's see how things work out.

I also went to the library because some books I had on reserve had come in. Yes, I bring more books into the house even while I have a pile of unread books large enough for me to forget all the titles in it. That's how I roll!

Of all the "stuff" in my house, books are still among my most treasured objects. When I have streamlined my collection to the point where it feels manageable to me, I suspect it will still be much larger than average. I'm okay with that. I'm a writer, but I was a reader first.

4 comments:

  1. That would be a neat thing to do w/foreign editions. And super neat cover. Handsome, moody boy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! I still have some major goals in my writing career. One is to get a book published by a New York publisher in hardcover, another is to sell foreign rights and see it published in another language. I figure I have the rest of my life to get there, so I'm not too anxious about it, but seriously, I envy you this! It's very awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my only foreign edition so far, so I do treasure it. It's definitely fun to see how another publisher handles it.
      Good luck on your goals!

      Delete