Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Fear, overwriting, and cuteness

A few treats from 'round the internet, for your edification, amusement, etc.:

I interviewed Delilah S. Dawson over at YA Outside the Lines, where we talked about the future, fear, and the dark side of amusement parks, among other topics. Feel free to check it out. A sample: "If I sought fear on purpose, then it made me feel stronger, more in control. Better the nightmares that you've chosen than the ones you can't avoid."

Laurel Garver gives tips on critiquing an overwriter. A sample: "Especially encourage her to trust the reader more, and to strive for clarity and simplicity."

And in the land of unbridled cuteness, Carrie Jones describes what happens when your dog falls in love with part of your Halloween costume. Complete with pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I love the word "edification". My boss uses it all the time! The pictures by Carrie Jones are too darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've used "edification" in a while. Apparently it was time. ;-) And it's always time for cute dogs.

      Delete