Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Random thoughts while writing novels

6000 words already! This is going to go fast.
Is this too much like the last book I wrote?
Is this too much like the last book I read?
Is this too much like the book some more famous writer must be writing right now that will come out (to great acclaim) the week I finish mine?
What do I have these characters do next?
Delete delete delete.
Only 8000 words after all this time? This is going slowly.
I do not see how people can write a whole book in a week.
I think this is the 30th time this character is rolling her eyes ... well, I'll fix that in revision.
All I want to do is work on this book.
The last thing I want to do is work on this book.
Is this any good?
What's a word other than "fabulous" that means "fabulous?" I'll put it in brackets and change the word later.
Ooh, I did not see that coming.
I can't wait to write that scene.
Ha, I just made myself laugh with that line. Wonder if the readers will laugh.
Is this character complaining too much?
What day is it in this scene?
How much chocolate do I have left?

12 comments: