Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for:

Unbelievably gorgeous weather.
The stories and characters that live in my head.
The goldfinch that visits the birch outside my window.
The sound of crickets and cicadas. (It's no accident that that sound pops up a lot in my books.)
Fresh homegrown tomatoes (finally starting to ripen!).
Beth Kephart's Handling the Truth, which I'm in the middle of reading.
Chocolate. And mint.
A day off tomorrow.
The scent of pine needles.
The mellowness of August.

4 comments:

  1. There is always something to be thankful for. I remind myself of that everyday, even on the crummy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping the blessings are too numerous to count!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like things are going well. I'd be curious to know which recipes you're going to make from those tomatoes.

    And YAY for gorgeous weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given the cold rainy summer we've had, the tomatoes are way behind. So with our first magnificent harvest of 5 whole grape tomatoes, we ... garnished a salad!

      Delete