Monday, June 3, 2013

Crossed off the list

This past weekend, at an art museum, I saw an exhibit that was one huge wall (two stories, I believe) completely covered with to-do lists on which the items had been crossed out. I think the title of the piece was "Accomplished." You can see a little bit of it (about ten lists) in the graphic on this page:

http://woodmereartmuseum.org/exhibition/72nd-annual-juried-exhibitions/

I'm a list-maker myself, but I feel as if I never get to the end. The image of all those lists, all those cross-outs, struck me as possibly happy and possibly sad. I don't think I could be as productive as I am without lists; on the other hand, there are times when I would love to clear the decks and not have so much of my time spoken for, planned, prearranged.

What do you make of the crossed-out lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment