Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Quieter times

There are times when I'm engaging more with the people around me, active on social media, speaking more, writing short pieces. I think of those times as more outward-directed.

And then there are times when I'm reading more, and listening more, and spending more time writing long fiction. Or even just planning, outlining, drafting. In these times, the pull is inward.

I'm in the latter type of phase right now. I've been reading a lot. I've been writing a lot of stuff that is not yet fit for other people's eyes. (Or even decipherable by them, probably.)

It's all good. But I feel as if I've been relatively quiet lately. So this is me just poking a hand above the surface to wave hello.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes I find the pull of social media makes me feel guilty when I'm in one of those inward times. For me, those times would ideally last for many months. How do you kick the guilt factor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel guilty, so much as I just want to maintain contact but I don't have a lot to say. (Or not a lot that I can share yet, because it's all half-formed and preliminary.)

      If you really feel that you want to explain, you can just post a note that says, "I'm going offline for a while to recharge my batteries; in the meantime, here are some links to enjoy." I don't think bloggers actually owe explanations, but the nice thing about that is then people don't worry that something bad happened to you if they don't "see" you for a while!

      Delete
  2. Waving back. Enjoy you quiet time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's just a natural cycle for many of us, I think!

      Delete