Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Goofing off

So, ordinarily today I would've put up a blog post to which I had given a lot of thought, and I would've crossed several things off my to-do list. I always have a to-do list. I have writing goals. I come home from my day job, have some dinner, and start on the list. That is how I get things done.

But tonight I wasn't feeling it. I got caught up in reading something interesting, and just for a change, I let myself do that instead of tackling my chores. Heaven knows the chores will still be there tomorrow.

I goofed off for an evening. And I'm blogging about it not by way of apology or excuse. Rather, I'm hoping to set an example.

Goofing off: because sometimes you just need to.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we do. I just feel guilty about it. But, I believe we all do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we've gotten very multi-tasky, which leads to this guilt whenever we try to relax. Would it help if I made goofing off an "assignment?" ;-D

      Delete
  2. Absolutely! I believe that taking a break, or "goofing off" is healthy for mind, body, and soul. I hope you enjoyed a more relaxing evening. Thanks for sharing the lesson.

    ReplyDelete