Thursday, April 11, 2013

The cycle of (book) life

This edition of my first book won't be available much longer:

SecretYear.Cvr7
I remember the first time I saw the cover design. I clicked on the file to open it, and then covered my eyes and peeked through my fingers while the image slowly appeared on my screen. I was so scared that I would hate it! Instead, I sat there gazing at it, enraptured. Before I saw it, I had no preconceived notions of what the cover should look like, but designer Sam Kim picked the perfect way to represent this story of secrecy, loss, and obsession.

In this marketplace, however, books tend not to last forever, especially hardcovers. Very soon, this one will vanish. (I suppose I can then call it a collector's item?) It's had a nice three-year life on the shelves, and it will live on in paperback and e-book form, so I can't complain. I just thought I'd let people know that if you've ever had a fancy for this edition, it's now or never.

Such is the cycle of (book) life that as one hardcover passes out of print, another is getting ready to make its appearance. This one won't be out until fall, so I'm not talking much about it yet, but here's a sneak peek:

untilithurtstostopcover
Coming September 2013.

8 comments:

  1. Now that is a stunning cover! Yay! *jumps and claps* Congratulations! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--I appreciate your enthusiasm! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the sneak peek. I'm intrigued. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO EXCITED YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that cover and I know I'll love the book even more! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cover! (I've liked both of the others, but this one really catches my fancy.) Looking forward to its release!

    ReplyDelete