Sunday, October 28, 2012

Reading material

The projected storm track seems to put this Frankenstorm passing right over my house, so if I'm not around in the coming days, it's most likely due to a loss of electricity. Here are some links to reading material:

I posted over at YA Outside the Lines about fear. A sample: "I used to think I was the only person in the world with fears."

A short story of mine called "The Train Tracks" is up at Wattpad. A sample: "Then she darted forward, across the tracks at the same instant the train ... thundered toward us."

And I loved John Vorhaus's "Verbing the Nouns" over at Writer Unboxed. A sample: "The truth is, I am kind of a grammar nit. When I see an apostrophe catastrophe ... I feel morally bound to correct it, or at least mock it. But the other truth is that I do reinvent the language every day, and I do it will full madness of forethought. (See? See what I did? I just did it there.)"

Happy reading and writing, and may the storms pass lightly over us all.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you and your family stay safe and well during this time. Thanks for sharing the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you made it out alright during the storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; you too! I think from the timestamp on your message, the worst weather had already gotten by you. Hope all is well!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed your short story! I hope you are safe during the storm right now. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sandy interfered with our lives a bit, but I'm back now.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the short story! Excellent. Here's to weathering (noun verbing here) all the storms.

    After taking a month off from blogging I'm trying to catch up on visits to friends I haven't touched base with in a long time. Seems strange to be disconnected for so long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And it hasn't been a month, but this storm definitely induced that "disconnection!"

      Delete
  5. I hope Hurricane Sandy spared you damage and trauma. She packed a punch, didn't she? So many areas hit hard. Thinking about you and hoping all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you came through OK, too! I'm just getting back online.

      Delete