Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Getaway and The Breakaway (or, my TBR pile grows ever larger)

Today is a special day for two writers with whom I correspond. But it isn't just because I know them that I celebrate their book launches today. It is also because their books sound AWESOME. And there's a certain symmetry to their titles:

           

Getaway is Lisa Brackmann's follow-up (though not a sequel) to Rock Paper Tiger. A woman's Mexican vacation veers into deadly territory, when what starts as a fling ensnares her in a dangerous underworld.

The Breakaway, by Michelle Davidson Argyle, is about a kidnapped young woman whose plan to escape by ingratiating herself with her captors leaves her unsure about the difference between her real emotions and the complicated mind games necessary to survival. More on this exploration of Stockholm Syndrome tomorrow, when I'll have a guest post by the author!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and Lisa's book looks really interesting! I love the symmetry in the titles, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that as I was marking release dates on my calendar: a fun coincidence!

      Delete