Friday, April 13, 2012

For your consideration

"That’s an especially American fantasy, I think: that you can meet the artist anywhere but in their work."--Dennis Haritou, "Ambition & the Writer," threeguysonebook.com
(I like this quote, even though I think you can meet me outside my work, but can probably meet me best within my work.)

"Knowledge and intellection [sic] serve a Tolstoi--but a Tolstoi must be older, must see more as well--and I am not going to be a Tolstoi. Surely, I will be a Kerouac, whatever that suggests."--Jack Kerouac, early April 1943, from Selected Letters 1940-1956, edited by Ann Charters

For those of you in the vicinity of Cherry Hill, NJ, here's a Monday night event:

NJAN multi-author panel/Q&A at Cherry Hill Public Library, 1100 Kings Highway North, Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08034-1911, on Monday, April 16th at 7pm. WRITING FOR YOUNGER READERS: Local authors share tips and information on getting published in today’s YA, Middle Grade and Children’s markets (organized by the New Jersey Authors Network).Join New Jersey-area authors, Kelly R. Fineman; Gregory Frost; Jon Gibbs and Jennifer R. Hubbard, for a fun, informative discussion on writing for younger readers, and the various options available to writers in today’s market.

(If you were planning on going to the Saturday, April 14 NJAN event at the Voorhees branch library, please note, that one has been postponed until summer.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn,

    I'm no where near NJ, but the event sounds great. I have a few events out here in CA I can offer. Interested?

    Thanks for the visit to the Write Game. Always love it when you stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I would love to be in CA, but my teleporter is on the blink.

      I read your blog daily, whether I comment or not! :)

      Delete