Friday, February 24, 2012

Walk in the woods

Today, I woke up with one goal: get out into the woods.

While I take a walk every day, I haven't hiked in the woods for a while. And this was the perfect day to do so: cool and cloudy gray. My husband and I met only a couple of other people on the trail.

I had no writing epiphanies. I wasn't mulling over a plotline or how to further develop a character. Often, I do those things while I walk, but today was more about refilling the well. Exercising the body and resting the mind.

Hope your weekend is beginning well also!

2 comments:

  1. Getting out into the woods has to be one of the best ways I know to clear the mind and replenish the spirit! For me it's second only to a walk along the ocean's shoreline. I'm not going to manage either this weekend, but it's off to a good start nonetheless. I hope yours will continue to be a great one. :)

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! We had a very different walk today, sunny and flower-filled. Hope your weekend lived up to its promise!

      Delete