Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I have a lot to be thankful for this Thursday.

I'm thankful for the support of readers and fellow writers, who do stuff like this:


That's Michelle Davidson Argyle, a Utah writer who took the time to get this photo of my first book in the wild and send it to me. It knocks me out that people do stuff like this. I'm thankful for every email and tweet and blog comment.

I'm thankful for the support of family, friends, and fellow writers who have listened to me whine about how hard it is to write a book, and who celebrate with me when things go well. I'm thankful for the writers whose work inspires me.

I'm thankful for the hard work done by my publisher and agency and booksellers and librarians to bring my stories to readers.

I'm thankful for my husband, who is the chief enabler of my writing habit.

I'm thankful that stories come to my brain, whether or not they ever get published or even finished. I'm thankful for the joy of writing.

I'm thankful that this January 19, a story that haunted me for months will finally be out in the world:


(And for your chance to win a copy, along with money for your local library, see my earlier blog post.)

I'm thankful for every one of you reading this.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yay for tomorrow!!!! So much congrats!

    The Secret Year is coming up on my list to read, and I can't wait, and then I don't even have to wait for your next book to be out. It pays to be a slow reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on today's release! Can't wait to see it out in the wild!

    ReplyDelete