Saturday, July 2, 2011

Playlist - Truth & Dare

This entry is just for fun: it's the playlist for the YA anthology  Truth & Dare, edited by Liz Miles. I want to thank Christin, Louise, Pamela, Harmony, and Kari for their help with my part of the playlist.




GIRL JESUS ON THE INBOUND SUBWAY by Matthue Roth
Sick to Death – Atari Teenage Riot    Matthue says: One of the most hard-to-listen-to bands EVER. They're so loud and aggressive and straight-up furious. Not to generalise, but the only people I've known who like them are incredibly quiet, thoughtful, beautiful girls. This is probably the song that Jupiter's crush is listening to when he meets her.
DatSkat - The Roots    Matthue says: When I was in high school, the Roots were two a band with black guys and a white Jewish guy playing keyboards. This is the song that I always listen to when I'm walking down Market Street, past all the industrial bus terminals and the Gallery mall, and I start wanting really badly to dance.
In Between Days – The Cure    Matthue says: ...really this song is about a day like the day in this story. It's ordinary, it's boring, and then all of a sudden you're in a different universe.

THE YOUNG STALKER’S HANDBOOK by Sarah Rees Brennan

LOST IN TRANSLATION by Michael Lowenthal
Do You Believe in Love – Huey Lewis    Gary says: This was high on the charts during the months described in my story.

CONFESSIONS AND CHOCOLATE BRAINS by Jennifer R. Hubbard

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF EVAN TODD by Saundra Mitchell
The songs that drive Evan Todd:

HEADGEAR GIRL by Heidi R. Kling

NEVER HAVE I EVER by Courtney Gillette

DIRTY TALK by Gary Soto

ABSTINENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER by Jennifer Knight
Today was a Fairytale – Taylor Swift (Opening scene when Chris asks Liv out)
Bubbly – Colby Caillat (Beach scene when they kiss for the first time)
You and Me – The Dave Matthews Band (the big final scene)
Annie – Safetysuit (Chris's song to Liv)

SOMEBODY’S DAUGHTER by Shelley Stoehr

MARGO FERKEL’S TWO-HOUR BLITZ OF BADNESS by Jill Wolfson
Mashed Potato Time – Dee Dee Sharpe    Jill says: I picked this song because Dee Dee is a Philly girl, where the story is set and her big hit happened around the time of the story. Plus, I won a Mashed Potato contest while vacationing with my family in Miami Beach that year. (I just know that my protagonist is an awesome dancer)

SCRAMBLED EGGS by Liz Miles

RULES FOR LOVE AND DEATH by Ellen Wittlinger

COOL CATS AND MELTED KISSES by Luisa Plaja

ORANGE TOOTSIE POP by Cecil Castellucci

PENCILS by Sara Wilkinson

TEAM MEN by Emma Donaghue

IRIS AND JIM by Sherry Shahan

No comments:

Post a Comment