Friday, June 3, 2011

Wisdom from around the internet

Today I have three links for you:

Kate Messner's poem about how the book in our heads is usually so much better than the book we write;

What April Henry says she learned from knowing (and losing) L.K. Madigan and Bridget Zinn;

Natalie Whipple's detailed post on what it's like when your book goes on submission to editors. (There's a lot of waiting. But you knew that already. Natalie covers all the stuff you might not know--or the stuff you know and will be relieved to recognize.)

2 comments:

  1. Man, did Kate nail that! I wish I could put the book I hear in my head on the page. I'd be an international best seller.

    Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Lee! I'd have a lot more finished books, too, since the ones in my head don't always make it onto the page!

    ReplyDelete