Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Preparing for library love

The past couple of years, I've held a challenge on my blog to raise money for libraries (the aptly named Library-Loving Blog Challenge). Basically, I pledge money to my local libraries for every comment received on my blog during the challenge. I've also encouraged others to do likewise, donating to their local libraries, and many wonderful people have stepped up to do this.

This year, I'm planning to do the challenge March 28 - April 2. I'll use my blog again, but this year I will also have a Twitter component. I'm not on Facebook, but if anyone wants to join in and coordinate a Facebook effort, I'm open to that.

If you're interested in participating, please email me at jennifer[at]jenniferhubbard[dot]com or leave a comment with your email address below.  You pick your own library, pledge amount, donation cap, and which days you want to participate. It's a lot of fun, and libraries are hurting worse than ever this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment