1. When I'm too sick to read, I really will watch anything that happens to be on TV when my eyes happen to be pointed at the screen.
2. It's a relief when I'm no longer too sick to read.
3. Sometimes the Christmas-tree lights blink, and sometimes they don't. Yes, our tree is still up.
4. My husband is one of those angelic caretakers who knows when to hover, and knows when to leave a sick person alone.
5. He also knows more about pumpkin muffins than I do, since I predicted his improvisational substitution in the recipe would lead to disaster, and instead it led to deliciosity.
6. Yes, I just made up the word deliciosity. At least some creative neurons are still operating!
7. When I love a book a third of the way through, I'm holding my breath that it fulfills its promise and still thrills me at the end.
8. All the stuff that usually seems like it can't wait--often can wait, after all.