Monday, December 20, 2010

Giving


Because you know I love this sort of thing, I'm joining in. I'll donate $1 per comment on my blog for the first 75 unique commenters (no 75 comments from the same person!).
You can comment here or on my LiveJournal page. Anonymous comments are only accepted over at LiveJournal, and are screened until I can review them. During the challenge I will suspend my usual policy of trying to answer every comment, but I will still read every one.

ETA: This challenge is now closed! Thank you, and please comment on the other participants' blogs!

This costs you nothing. If the spirit moves you, please do any or all of the following:
Go to Nathan's blog (I provided the link above); comment there and on the other participating blogs. Make us all donate! You have the power! ;-D If you're still inspired to do more, spread the word about this via Twitter, Facebook, and whatever magical elves you may know who spread information.

If you're looking for something to say in your comment, why not name a friend who means a lot to you? I've been thinking about my friend B. a lot, because a couple of days ago was the anniversary of her passing, and it's especially fitting for me to do this challenge right now. B. was an extremely generous person. So my challenge is in honor of her, and you're welcome to comment in honor of a friend, whether that friend is still with us or not.

Thank you!

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the challenge (I'm doing it too)! A friend who means a lot to me is my neighbor/piano teacher (for my boys)/cool lady Mrs. R. She lost her husband this year, which was a blow for the whole neighborhood. This is a tough Christmas for her, so I'll be keeping her in my thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, hooray for Heifer! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! 80% of last year's Christmas gifts were donations to Heifer in their name =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wonderful, generous person. This is such a lovely thing to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great to meet you at the KAC event in PA. Hope we'll have a chance to chat next time.

    What a wonderful thing you are doing here. Thanks.

    My friend D. is in my thoughts today. She passed away this past fall. Christmas was her favorite time of year and I miss her holiday cheer, but I know in my heart that she's celebrating the true meaning of the season in a better place.

    Ann Bonwill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dedicate this comment to RC, who is a single mom and my best friend. She rocks at both of those things and I hope she finds someone who loves and appreciates her (and for whom she feels the same way). Thanks for doing this and thanks for commenting on my post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI is one of my all-time favorite charities. Good for you, Jenn, and I'm so pleased to help!

    I have two friends who just lost loved ones, and I know from personal experience how hard it is to lose anyone especially just before the holidays. So my comment and heart-thoughts go out to all who feel that empty space - and hope for the comfort of love in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. woo hoo!! yay for heifer! thanks for participating, Jenn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your challenge, Jenn!

    This time of year makes me think of my grandfather who always loved this time of year. He passed away a couple of years ago. If he was still with us he would be turning 93 in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenn, hope you have a great holiday. Good luck with your challenge. I'm thinking of my friend, E. Wish she was still here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful, Jenn! Wishing you everything wonderful this holiday season and in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Thanks to Nathan Bransford, I'm doing the Heifer Challenge this year again, too, donating $1 for all new blog followers OR comments till Christmas Eve: http://museinks.blogspot.com/2010/12/4-free-ways-to-be-christmas-angel.html

    Wishing you a fabulous acceptance-filled year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great organization! I've convinced a few of my friends to give these "gifts" to their loved ones. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Holidays, Jenn! I'm thinking of my good friend Beth, whose birthday is tomorrow and whom I've only seen once all year, even though we only live a couple hours apart. Hoping to spend more time with her in 2011.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay Heifer! Very aweseome that you're doing this!

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend Kandice means a lot to me. She is always awesome, always supportive, and always remembers my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! And thanks for stopping by my blog to participate.
    I'll mention my friend Heather because I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you to everyone for commenting! I'm so glad you stopped by, and it was touching to read about all the warm feelings toward our friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 'Tis a greater thing that you do. . . '

    Coming over from Nathan's blog - I'd like to say bravo to you for helping others at this time of year.

    My wish is for those in need to have a better 2011, especially the homeless.

    ReplyDelete