Saturday, November 27, 2010

Recent debut novels

I'm taking a short break from the revise-a-thon on my current manuscript to bring you the latest installment in my ongoing series: Books of 2010 (debut YA/MG books of 2010). I can hardly believe it, but today's post is the penultimate one in the series! I have only four more titles left to feature sometime between now and the end of the year.

I've been happy to feature debut titles, and I will continue to do so next year, but in a more random fashion. To keep up with debut titles in a more systematic manner, I encourage you to check out the Class of 2k11 and the Elevensies. Meanwhile, I'm hoping to add a new feature here at my blog on sophomore books: guest posts from various authors on what it's like to publish a second book. I thought it would be interesting to explore how the writing and publishing experience changes once you have a track record, a readership, and more expectations. Several authors have offered to share their stories, and if all goes well, I'll be running that feature throughout the coming year.

But for now, why not curl up with some brand-new books from brand-new authors?



Nightshade, by Andrea Cremer. Young adult. Werewolf Calla deals with power struggles and romantic conflict, as she's attracted both to the alpha male of another werewolf pack, and to a human male.



Just Add Magic, by Cindy Callaghan. Middle grade. Kelly Quinn finds a secret cookbook that seems to contain magic recipes--and each recipe she follows brings strange and unpredictable results.



Under the Green Hill, by Laura L. Sullivan. Middle grade. When six American children are sent to England to escape a plague, they find themselves plunged in the middle of a fairy war.



Hunger, by Jackie Morse-Kessler. Lisabeth's anorexia brings her close to Death--and Death in turn assigns her the role of Famine, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment